Best of 2014: Makeup


Hello Everyone!

Wishing you'll a very Happy New Year 2015! I hope this year brings all the happiness, luck and more!

I never thought I'd join the bandwagon of doing the "Best of" posts but here I am writing this post.
Lets get started with Makeup favourites of 2014.


BASE MAKEUP


Primer
  • Benefit The POREfessional, this has been an absolute favourite for months now! I am someone with "pore" problems and I know there is no permanent solution so this one comes in handy. By the way I got a sample of Dior Pore Minimizer, which I think is brilliant too!
Foundations/CC cream:
  • Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream, now with this I had a love hate relationship with this. I have been loving this lately, its lightweight and evens out my skin giving the "my skin but much better" finish.
  • L'Oreal Paris Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation, a very new launch which was a huge hit! It was out of curiosity I gave this a try and I am so glad I did. I love the finish, how it just dries on to give a matte finish without looking flat. The foundation is incredibly light weight and offers a sheer coverage. 
  • Diorskin Star Foundation, its really a STAR product for me. I am absolutely loving everything about it, this one provides a medium-full coverage and looks so natural on the skin. It also comes with an SPF 30 so a total winner for me!
  • Givenchy Teint Couture Long Wearing Fluid Foundation, a surprise discovery for me. This was a purchase made while all my foundations were running out and I am impressed to say the least. This is perfect for the days when my skin looks dull, this gives a luminous finish and offers a medium coverage. 
CHEEKS



  • Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop: LOVE! Its a lovely rusty coral blush and just brightens up my complexion. I have been wearing this the most, its just the perfect blush. It feels like cream but once you apply on the cheeks it feels like powder and adds a lovely sheen. The best buy for me in blush department.
  • Chanel Le Blush Creme De Chanel in Affinite: Not a surprise because I have been raving about this since the time I have bought it. This is a lovely bright pink blush that would flatter all skin types. They last really really long and work just perfectly with oily skin types too.
  • Bobbi Brown Blush in Apricot: A birthday gift that I am absolutely loving ever since I got it. Though it looks bright in the pan, you can totally control the shade. You can lightly swipe it on the cheeks to give the most healthiest glow. Doesn't emphasize pores and lasts a long time. Absolutely going to try more from the range.
  • Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm: I am LAZY and trust me when I say these are lazy girl's best friend. These are so effortlessly ahhMAZING! Just swipe on the cheek, and blend blend and you get the most loveliest cheeks! 
EYES


  • Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette: This was an impulsive buy, but oh boy! I am impressed. This is one palette which has all the shades that I like and wear. Its so compact and shade choice are good too.
  • Diorshow Fusion Mono in Hypnotique: My love affair with eye shadows started this year, its a beautiful festive-y shade. These are creamy shadows that apply and blend rather effortlessly. They do last on my lids with or without a primer.
  • Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Mirage: This was again a hyped product, and the shade is GORGEOUS. Its just flatters my eyes and applies like a dream. No creasing or fading for good amount of time.
LIPS



My favourite part of makeup is Lipsticks! I can never say I have too many. I was really thinking on how to pick my favourites and some how managed to narrow down with these.
  • Lipstick Queen in Endless Aloha: A hydrating sheer lipstick that makes your look juicy and plump! Endless Aloha is a beautiful sheer red that will look fab on all skin tones.
  • Dior Addict Lip Glow: A cult favourite which lived up to all the expectations. Very hydrating while adding a light tint to the lips. I'd like to say that this gives you an illusion of my lips but 100 times better.
  • Clinique Long Last Matte Lipstick: Who says matte lipsticks are unforgiving on your lips? These are by far the most comfortable matte lipsticks I have tried. I have just one shade Matte Crimson, which is perfect red. These are very long wearing and look velvet-y matte on the lips.
  • Dior Addict Fluid  Stick: A lipstick and lipgloss hybrid that is so brilliant! Long lasting, non-sticky and incredibly pigmented. There is nothing to not like about these. 
  • YSL Gloss Volupte: By far the best gloss I have tried! This is nothing sticky or uncomfortable on the lips. The gloss applies evenly and are very hydrating. The best thing about the gloss is the applicator that picks up just the right amount of product and deposits on the lips evenly. 
  • NARS Audacious Lipstick: These are the new launch that instantly became my favourite. These aren't the most hydrating lipsticks but aren't drying either, very richly pigmented and last pretty long on the lips.
  • Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy: LOVE is the word, its just the most amazing formula I have tried. These are pigmented, creamy and comfortable on the lips. They are pigmented even the nudes in the range. They last quite well on my lips.
  • Chanel Rouge Coco Shine: These are something that is fool-proof. These are perfect for someone who likes to slap some color on the lips. These are pretty moisturising and instantly plumps of the lips.
  • Dior Addict Extreme: Yet another favorite among favorites! These are medium-pigmented and are so buttery and comfortable. 
  • L'Oreal Shine Caresse: A lipgloss that is absolutely non sticky and comfortable on the lips. The applicator too is very lovely and picks up right amount of product and applies evenly and decently priced. 

NAILS


  • YSL La Laque Couture in Beige Gallery (39): Is a perfect beige with grey undertone suits my medium skintone and is perfect shade for any time of the year. It is incredibly long wearing.
  • Essie Nail Polish in Plumberry: A beautiful plum pink that looks good round the year. The formula of essie nailpolish is outstanding, I'd choose it over any high-end nail polish had they been easily accessible. They last long and have the right kind of consistency. 
  • Sally Hansen in Cherry Red: A beautiful red with strong pink undertones. The formula again is so good for the price you pay! They dry quickly between the coats and do not apply streaky and last quite long too.
  • Dior Vernis in Nuit 1947 (970): Oh my God! Its my most favorite product in 2014. Outstanding formula, perfect consistency and gives an even application. This is a beautiful Marsala that looks so good and lasts the entire week with minor chipping. 

TOOLS/ MAKEUP BRUSHES


They say any expensive makeup is of no good without a good brush, and I couldn't agree more. Its only this year I have been trying my hands on the makeup brushes and they are so so good!
  • Bobbi Brown Blush Brush: The newest brush in my stash, but its incredible for powder blushes. The brush is shaped in such a way that you cannot go wrong with applying the blush. Will do a detailed post on it soon.
  • MAC 217 Blending Brush: This is a cult favorite for a reason! I would call this the "best buy" only because its made my eye makeup so much better. This can be used for both cream as well as powder products, to apply on the lids or blend! Pricey- yes but its an investment you wouldn't regret.
  • Real Techniques Buffing Brush (Core Collection): Real technique brushes are value for money. They are made of synthetic hair which means its good for both powder as well as cream products. I use this one mainly to buff my foundation into the skin and it gives a flawless finish.
  • Real Techniques Contour Brush: I haven't tried my hands on contouring yet, so I use this for blush (cream) and to blend out concealer. Works really well and is soft soft!
  • Zoeva 102 Silk Finish Brush: I have just used one from Zoeva but will for sure try out more from the brand. This brush is so dense and is so soft and blends the foundation brilliantly.

Phew! Too many favorites I know, but I really couldn't narrow it down. I would love to know your favorites too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Parachute Gold Coconut Hair Cream

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (91) Boheme ~ Review and Swatches