Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express (Waterproof) Mascara Review

Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express (Waterproof) Mascara
Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express (Waterproof) Mascara




I am for sure obsessed with the brand Maybelline. I have picked so many things from the brand. I think I am very calculative when it comes to spending on mascaras because they need to be discarded in 6 months and most of them kinda dry out in 3-4 months anyway. So I try and not spend on high end mascaras unless they give me out of the way results..

Anyways I wanted a waterproof mascara, nothing too pricey but give a descent volume to my lashes and wolaa I have found this Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express mascara. The colossal mascara  comes in 2 variants, one is waterproof and the other is non-waterproof. I picked up the waterproof one mainly because i sweat a real lott!


First of all I like the packaging of Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express, it comes in a super cute yellow and turquoise packaging (non-waterproof comes in equally cute packaging which is yellow and purple). The wand is pretty good and thick with dense bristles, which is because this is a volumizing mascara.. This mascara gives a nice volume in just one coat, if you wish to use two coats you should not let the first coat dry else it will end up looking clumsy. One tip I actually got during my M.A.C technique classes was to apply the mascara from root to the tip to give that volume and it works!

I actually like the wand, because I can apply it easily on both my upper and lower lashes. The formula is really nice, does not clump the lashes and dries fairly fast, so there is smudging. I like! Only downside is that if you leave gap between 1st and 2nd application then you see black flakes at the ends. This is a true water proof mascara, you need a really nice oil based makeup remover to remove it completely.



Pros:

1. Adds instant Volume to the lashes.
2. Does not clump the lashes.
3. Dries really fast so no worrying about smudging.
4. Waterproof, but easily removable using oil based makeup remover. 
5. No fall out of lashes!
6. Very cute packaging

Cons:

1. If you leave too much gap between the coats then you can see black flakes at the end. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Parachute Gold Coconut Hair Cream

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (91) Boheme ~ Review and Swatches